Plus500 is a popular online broker for Contracts for Difference (CFDs), forex and cryptocurrency. Through the CFDs, you can gain exposure to various asset types, e.g. Commodities.
Plus500 have their on proprietary trading platform, and you only need to deposit 100 USD to get started with real-money trading.
Plus500 has been around since 2008.
Plus500 is ultimately owned by Plus500 Ltd, a company listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
Plus500 Ltd operates as a broker through various subsidiaries, and which one you will sign-up with depends on your geographical location.
- Plus500UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), a regulatory authority in the UK.
- Plus500CY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC).
- Plus500AU Pty Ltd is authorised and regulated by the FSB in South Africa.
- Plus500AU Pty Ltd is authortised and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
- In New Zealand, Plus500 operates under the derivatives issuer license
Short information about Plus500
- Minimum deposit: 100 USD
- Minimal trade size: Vary from one asset to another
- Demo account available: Yes
- MT4 integration: No
- Mobile apps: Yes, for Andorid, iOS and Windows Mobile
- Auto trading: No
- Trade signals: No
- Islamic account: Yes
Plus500 have their own proprietary trading platform named Webtrader. You can download and install it on your computer, but it also possible to trade directly in your browser window without installing any software.
Mobile trading apps are available for Android, iOS and Windows Mobile.
The app offers the same trading options as the desktop platform.
There are two account types available:
- Standard account
- Islamic account
Can I open a demo account?
Yes, Plus500 provides a free unlimited demo account filled with play-money.
The leverage caps will largely depend on your trader classification; are you a retail trader or a professional / highly experienced trader? Contact the customer support for more info about what’s required to change your classification. Applicable laws, especially the European Union legislation, tend to be more relaxed for professional / highly experienced traders.
For non-retail traders, Plus500 offers up to 1:300 leverage for some assets. For retail traders, it is just 1:30, and for many assets it is even lower than that, down to just 1:2 for cryptocurrencies.
Examples of accepted transaction methods:
- Bank transfer
Plus500 doesn’t charge any withdrawal fees.
Withdrawals are typically processed within three business days.
Withdrawals must reach the minimum withdrawal treshhold.
There are no inactivity fees for inactive account.
Customer support is available 24/7.
You can use the live chat or send an email. There is no phone support.
Miscellaneous information about Plus500
- Traders in the United States and Canada are not allowed to trade on Plus500.