As the name suggests, FXPro is a trader where forex trading is front and centre, but FX trading and cryptocurrency trading is not all that they have to offer – you can trade in CFDs, stocks and futures here as well. Spread betting is also available.
Examples of cryptocurrencies available for trading here are Bitcoin and Ether.
Forex trading starts at 22:00 Sunday and continues around the clock until 22:00 Friday (GMT time zone). Trading in other products generally follows industry standard trading hours.
FXPro has been around since 2006 and is thus a well-established provider of these services online. At the time of writing, traders based in over 150 different countries world wide use FXPro. Notably, traders in the USA and Canada are not allowed to sign up with FXPro.
They don’t have much in the way of promotions, e.g. deposit bonuses, contests, and such.
- 1 Regulations and jurisdictions
- 2 Short facts about FXPro
- 3 Markets & Instruments
- 4 Is leveraged trading available?
- 5 Trading platforms
- 6 Can I make a demo account?
- 7 Mobile trading apps
- 8 Transactions
- 9 Miscellaneus information
- 10 Customer support
Regulations and jurisdictions
The holding company FxPro Group Limited is the owner of:
- Fx Pro UK Limited (based in the UK and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, a financial regulatory body in the United Kingdom)
- FxPro Financial Services Ltd (based in the EU-member country Cyprus and regulated by th Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission)
- FxPro Global Markets MENA Limited (authorized and regulated by the Dubai Financial Services Authority)
- FxPro Global Markets Ltd (authorized and regulated by the Securities Commission of the Bahamas)
Traders from the UK and the European Economic Area are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and Investors Compensation scheme respectively.
Short facts about FXPro
- Instruments available for trading: FX currency pairs, cryptocurrency, stocks, futures, contracts for difference (CFD)
- Smallest possible deposit: 100 USD
- Smallest possible trade: 2 USD
- Demo account available: Yes
- Meta Trader 4 integration: Yes
- Auto trading tools: Yes, you can use the cAlgo feature
- Trade signals: No
- Mobile apps: Yes, for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Islamic accounts: Islamic swap-free accounts are available.
Markets & Instruments
Examples of what you can trade in at FxPro:
- CFDs for currency pairs (forex). Roughly 70 different currency pairs are available.
- Market indices, about 30 different ones.
- Spot for metals and energy commodities.
- Stocks/shares, about 150 different ones.
Notably, binary options are not offered here.
Spread bettting is only offered to UK traders.
Is leveraged trading available?
Yes, leverage is available here. The requirements vary depending on both account type and trade type.
The largest available leverage is 1:500 but that is only available for certain accounts and trade types.
You can chose from several different trading platforms at FXPro and use the same login details for all of them.
Both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are available. These platforms are utilized by many different brokers online, so you might already be familiar with them.
MT4 & MT5 and tried and true trading platforms, with support for multiple order types and negative balance protection. Automated trading can be carried out through Expert Advisors.
The Autochartist plugin works with MetaTrader.
Downloadable versions of MT4 and MT5 are available for both Windows and Mac.
This is a dowloadable platform designed specifically for CFD traders. If CFD trading is your focus, it can be worth your while to get familiar with the cTrader. Among other things, the execution speed is excellent. EA is supported. Floating spreads. Algorithmic trading through cAlgo. The platform is available for both Windows and Mac.
This is a web-based trading platform that you open directly in your web browser. You don’t need to download and install anything on the computer, and it doesn’t matter wheather you are running Windows or some other operative system as long as your browser can handle the platform.
Trade on currency pairs, indices, metal prices, and energy prices.
Maximum leverage is 1:500.
Floating spreads. Support for EA. For automated trading, you can utilize cAlgo and FxPro Quant Strategy Builder.
FxPro Edge (Beta)
At the time of writing, the final version of this platform has not been released yet, but the beta version is looking very promising.
FxPro Edge is a web browser-based trading platform focused on spread betting on forex, spot indices, shares, metal spot prices, and energy spot prices. The spread betting is commission-free and the spreads are generally tight.
It is highly customizable so you can tailor it to your own needs and preferences.
So far, Spread Betting through FXPro is only available to UK residents that are clients of FxPro UK Limited, but anyone can take a look at the demo version of FxPro Edge.
Can I make a demo account?
Yes, you can make a FxPro demo account and trade with play-money. You get $500,000 in play-money to explore the various platforms with and see which one you prefer, which trading strategies that work best for you, and so on.
Mobile trading apps
MT4, MT5 and FxPro cTrader are all available for trading on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Apps are available for Android (in the Google Play Store) and iOS (in Apple’s App Store).
Examples of transaction methods accepted by FXPro:
- VISA (deposit fee will be charged)
- MasterCard (deposit fee will be charged)
- PayPal (deposit fee will be charged)
- Bank wire transfer
- mPay (only for traders in China)
- MonetaRU (only for traders in Russia)
No withdrawal fee is charged, but a fee can be charged if the capital that is to be withdrawn has not been used to trade.
Withdrawal requests are normally handled promptly and are typically processed in one business day.
- Be aware of the overnight and rollover rates, because those can be expensive. Example: Long positions in EUR/USD can cost more than 8 USD.
- FxPro doesn’t charge an inactivity fee.
- There are no withdrawal fees.
- The FxPro Academy is an excellent place to learn more about trading, including FX trading.
- You will have access to economic reports, volatility predictions, consesus forecasts, and similar.
- Free indicator service available for download. (For technical analysis trading.)
- You can chose between manydifferent currencies for your account.
Customer support is available through phone, email and live chat.
Support is available in many different languages.
Go to the official website to find the correct phone number for your location, or send a message through email or live chat and ask the suppport staff to call you.
The support closes on Fridays at noon and opens again an hour before midnight on Sunday (GMT time zone).